Facility rental applications for South Whidbey School District are now being processedvia SchoolSpace at this site:If you have an upcoming event, and would like to use a space at one of our locations, please click on the link and submit your request. Paper applications are no longer being accepted.Youth Sports Compliance Forms will need to be uploaded on SchoolSpace or submitted in person to the District Office - attention: Amanda Fisher. Click here for the form: Link to Youth Sports Compliance FormRULES AND REGULATIONS
• It will be necessary for an outside activity to relinquish the use of the school facility if it is needed for a school activity.
• All Non-Profit Youth Sports Groups: The applicant agrees to fully comply in accordance with the adoption of policies for the management of concussion and head injury in youth sports; as amended in RCW 4.24.660 and chapter 28A.600 RCW, if applicable. Applicants are to verify that all coaches, athletes and their parent / guardian have complied with mandated policies for the management of concussions and head injuries as prescribed by HB 1824, section 2. Access to school facilities may not be granted until all requirements are complete and approved by the school district. Youth sports groups must provide a signed statement of compliance.
• Use of alcohol, tobacco, illegal substances, firearms or other dangerous weapons are prohibited on school grounds as defined by law. Profane language and/or other objectionable conduct may result in barred use of facilities. Violation of these district policies may result in fines and/or legal proceedings.
• Games of chance, lotteries, and giving of door prizes are not allowed except where permitted by law and then only with proper clearance.
• Alterations to the field/facility are prohibited without prior approval. This may include such things as hanging signs, erecting backstops, placing goals, using masking tape on walls and floors, etc.
• District-owned equipment shall not be removed from the facility or loaned to any individual or organization unless prior approval by the district has been granted.
• Users shall be responsible for returning the facility to its original condition immediately following the event.
• Appropriate gym shoes are required for all activities on the uncovered floor of gymnasiums.
• Facility use is cancelled when facility/building is closed due to an emergency.
• The district reserves the right to refuse or revoke any authorization issued for the use of a school building or grounds, and if rental has been paid, to refund such rental less expense incurred by the district in connection therewith.The South Whidbey School District #206 does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation including gender expression or identity, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Affirmative Action/Title IX/ RCW 28A.640 /RCW 28A.642 compliance officer, Dan Poolman, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Section 504/ADA coordinator, Dr. Jeff Fankhauser, email@example.com, 5520 Maxwelton Road, Langley, WA 98260, 360-221-6100If you have any Facility Rental questions please contact: Amanda Fisher (360)221-6808 ext 2224 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to the community members who completed the survey for the South Whidbey Community Center. The Old Langley Middle School is working to become a vibrant Community Center for the entire South Whidbey Community, young and old. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming part of the Community Center, please submit a proposal, contact Gail Lavassar to have a packet emailed to you. If you have any further questions, please contact Gail Lavassar (email@example.com) or Kristy Macarro (firstname.lastname@example.org) or at (360) 221-6808.