Planning for the Future of South Whidbey School District
The South Whidbey School District has completed the Navigation 2020 strategic planning process which began in the fall of 2007. A series of meetings provided the data and feedback needed by our facilitator and the steering committee to create a draft document of our values, vision, mission and strategic directions. This document is now available for review (follow the Nav 2020 Documents link). Other documents developed during the planning process are also available on the documents page.
Navigation 2020 Background:
The title for the plan "Navigation 2020: Charting a Course for the Future" was chosen because students who entered kindergarten this year will be preparing to graduate in 2020.
Monthly meetings that focused on different topics were held through the 2007-2008 school year. Parents, students, staff and other community members participated in this process. The resulting five-year plan will have a profound effect on the programs and services we offer and the projects we undertake to improve student achievement.
2009 - 2010
Navigation 2020 August 12, 2009
"Learn, Discern, Do"
- Draft Learn- Discern-Do Cycle Design
- Facilitator Observations, Questions, and Recommendations
- Raw Data
- SWSD Learn-Discern-Do packet
- Template 2009-2010 Priority Outcomes
- Critical Success Factors for Strategic Plan Implementation
- SWSD Strategic Blueprint
- NAV 2020 Innovation Team Survey Summary
Innovative Teams - Monthly Board Reports for 2008 - 2009
February 25, 2009
March 25, 2009
April 22, 2009
- 21st Century Skills Report (pdf)
- Innovative Learning Environments Report (pdf)
- Time Report (pdf)
- Transportation Report (pdf)
May 27, 2009
June 24, 2009