Skip To Main Content

Medication at School

Students need to have a new medication authorization form signed by both a health care provider and the child's parent for each school year for ANY medication taken at school, even simple over the counter medications such as Ibuprofen or Tylenol. As silly as it sounds, this includes cough drops, throat lozenges and homeopathic or herbal remedies. A link to this form can be found below.

Under normal circumstances prescribed oral medication and oral over the counter medication should be dispensed before and/or after school hours under the supervision of the parent or guardian.  Oral medications are those medications that are taken either by swallowing or inhaling (such as asthma inhalers or nebulizers).

Medication Policy 3416

Medication Authorization Form