Traffic Safety Education
TSE Schedule for 2017 - 2018 School Year
Applications for each session will be in the HS office approximately one month before the first day of class. The cost for the TSE course is $375, due by the first day of class.Fall TSE Session (Closed)9/11/17 - 11/9/17Monday - Thursday6:30AM - 7:30AM in room #210Winter Session (Closed)11/13/17 - 1/25/18Monday & Wednesday2:35PM - 4:35PMWinter Session 2 ( Open - taking applications now)1/30/2018 - 3/22/2018Class Times: MorningsMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday6:30am - 7:30am in Room 127Drives: After school - Times depend on Driver InstructorSpring Session4/10/18 - 6/5/18Tuesday & Thursday4:15PM - 6:15PMClick on the IDIPIC link for updated information on dates & locations. IDIPIC.org
Cost: $375.00 (check made out to - SWHS TSE)
Waiver: The waiver is for students who don't already have their permit.
If you need a waiver, this is how it works and why. The main purpose of the permit waiver is to be able to bypass taking the written test prior to the class. Once the student completes the class, they should have learned the info necessary to pass the test. Also, if you are under 15 and a half in age you can not get a permit without the online waiver completed by us.
*** If you already have a Washington State ID card you will not need to create the permit number. The state Id number will be what is used to okay the waiver and will be your permit number. Send that number to your instructor and we will validate your online waiver.
New online waivers and certificate process: How to get your permit!
There are no longer paper waivers that are handed out. All legal paperwork is now done online.
- You will need to go online and create your own permit number on the DOL website.
- On-line Application
- It is very important that you put only your legal name (info as written on birth certificate)-no nicknames!
- After this permit number is created you will need to email me your permit number so I can go online and okay your waiver.
- Once you do this, you can go to the DOL and get your permit without taking the written test.
- Take your birth certificate.
- If you already have a permit number, you will still need to email that number to me too.
- This is important for records and I need it to complete your class completion online at the end of the class.
- I check for payments prior to registering you for the waivers before giving the okay.
Do not go to the DOL until I verify I have completed the online waiver, they will send you away with no permit :(
NOTE THE WAIVER IS GOOD 10 DAYS PRIOR TO START DATE OF CLASS-NO SOONER than Friday, September 2nd . So you will have one week prior to class to get to the DOL, get your permit, and be ready to drive.